Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Taking it easy

After all the birthday running around in the last three weeks this week feels rather slow and I was beginning to feel like we should be 'doing' something, then I chilled out and remembered we all need to take it easy sometimes.



We went to the needles Children and Family Centre this morning which resulted in a lot of building things, namely houses and boats. This seems to be a recurring theme in both the boys building and drawing lately.



Other activities today included Pumpkin requesting to play on the piano as we were listening to piano music on the radio. Both boys spent 20 minutes or so trying out various sounds, together and solo. Bean asked to play me at chess. He has been rather persistent in his desire to learn how and I found an app that showed you where your pieces could move to and an undo button - useful for if you want to try again. I know what the pieces do but beyond that I'm not much good, so today I won my first game of chess (against my 5 year old!)


We also had a tournament game of fruit ninja on my phone which Bean won. The photo here is off his victory pose.
And lastly the boys got fed up of not going out (again because of the rain) and put their coats and wellies on to play in the garden. At one point it was raining quite hard but they carried on.




No comments:

Post a Comment