Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Friday 4 May 2012

All by myself

'There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know of any of them.' (The Bell Jar) 



I have been grumpy and tired and shouty and unsociable having not recovered from last weekend and our short stay at Grandma and Pop's. I have largely left the boys to it today and  was grateful to find this article as it made the guilt I felt at not doing things with them go away. Bean and Pumpkin have largely occupied themselves today, also known as free play, and I have just responded to the odd, 'can we have...?' 'mummy, can you pass me...?' 'Where are the...?' 'How do we do...?' The only exception being when Bean requested to go to the park around the corner on scooters, this took a much bigger effort but we did it and even had some fun!

Unsure, but vitally important I didn't move any of it!


Scoot to the park
Bean creating a dinosaur landscape with Pumpkin adding pictures too
I'm ever so thankful that children live moment to moment and don't term a day as good or bad based on one incident. I would have said today had been a bad day, my boys disagree.


'I never feel so much myself as when I'm in a hot bath.' (The Bell Jar)
Unfortunately for the boys my hot bath came at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment