Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Saturday 9 June 2012

A Pirate's Life for Me

Friday 8th June

Bean has had an interest in pirates for a few months now and is always keen to find new story books about pirates. Today saw the pirate game resurface, turning the sofas into boats and the table into an island and the floor was the sea (which I have to swim across to get from one room to another.) Eventually the pirate costumes came out, Bean went to make a flag for the ship and Pumpkin found treasure (a book...I love it!)



I wanted to make some banana muffins today to use up the over ripe bananas we had. The boys are never very keen in activities I may have set up for them si when I casually asked if anyone wanted to help make them I wasn't expecting the enthusiastic response that I got. Bean joined me first followed by Pumpkin a little later. The recipe I've got is mostly in cupfuls and spoonfuls so worked really well. Bean did most of the measuring and Pumpkin did the mixing. I was even more surprised when Bean stayed to help make the lentil loaf for lunch too. This time we used the scales and he measured and mixed everything, I cooked the lentils and chopped the onion. He was so very pleased with himself and said, 'I'm a very good chef like cousin J.'





This was quickly followed by an unexpected arrival in the continuing pirate game. Inspired by his new cowboy birthday outfit (thank you fav auntie #3) the wild west met the high seas! The drawing is of the horse that Bean wanted me to get for him, the giant bear is what we improvised with using some children's reigns we had lying around.







A trip to the library in the afternoon led to more reading than we normally do (more than the recommended 5 a day is common in our house) Bean found Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator and a couple of picture books he liked the look of and I found an atlas which had flags from every country on the end pages and pictures and statistics and global placement ...I was really quite pleased with it...we'll see how Bean likes it. The following two pictures are taken by Pumpkin who prefers to use my phone for pictures and video than for games. In the second of the two photos I am reading to Bean whilst feeding the purple dotted Plum.




Plum has just started to reach out and touch my face which is such a lovely feeling. We met a lady today, who we met during our unfortunate time in hospital. She was asking me when they (that is our babies) should be rolling over. This is a question several people have asked me in the last week and it is something I am glad to say we have avoided most successfully third time around (when should they...? Is yours...? How long before...?) As it happens she rolled for the first time last Saturday from her front to her back but I still have no idea if this is considered normal, early or late and nor does it bother me...she is happy and healthy and a pure delight.


No comments:

Post a Comment