Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Sunday 3 June 2012

God save the Queen

Thursday


I was utterly relieved beyond words to see SGS arrive at the craft group this morning as well as SGG (who usually works on a Thursday.) SGG played with Plum whilst I was able to help the boys with their craft. Today they made sandwiches, decorated badges and did some scratch art. I'm glad I was able to help out, normally I wear Plum in her sling but had forgotten it and sometimes the boys aren't that interested in the craft and want to play more. The soft play area required the boys to wear socks, which I had forgotten and Pumpkin wasn't wearing any. Bean was in the process of taking his socks off when I stopped him to explain that he had to wear them. "They're for Pumpkin," was the response I got. So thoughtful.


Bean turned Royalist again on us today. After attending the play and craft group this morning which had a jubilee theme he was full of questions and ideas and is still trying to figure out why we can't go to Buckingham Palace to have tea with the Queen or send her the picture he has made. He asked me to draw Buckingham Palace and we then looked up different Queen related things on the internet, inspired by the craft group and the boys both chose pictures they wanted printed. He then cut them out and completed the Palace.










No comments:

Post a Comment