Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Friday 8 February 2013

Bitter

Wednesday 6th February 2013

Sometimes things aren't quite as adventurous as we had hoped they would be. Today's adventures were supposed to be a return trip to Bury woods. The boys pestered at me for an hour before we left as they were desperate to go. I had to pack a food bag and get Plum dressed and changed etc before we were ready to go. However, the journey there w both Plum and Pumpkin fall asleep in the car. When we arrived and opened the car door a bitter wind flew through the car. It was freezing. We managed to find some hats and scarves in the boot of the car to supplement the waterproofs and coats we had packed but it still wasn't enough. As soon as we opened the car door and Pumpkin stirred he declared that he wanted to go home, and he screamed it and screamed it and screamed it.

I managed to persuade him that we should say hi to our friends and drink some hot chocolate before we went home again. It wasn't great but Bean wanted to say hi and go and see the tree he had climbed before. Pumpkin sat, upset n my lap and refused cake and hot chocolate and crisps and was miserable. Bean ate and drank and then climbed a little way up the tree and then we went home. Surprisingly this all took an hour, I'm not sure how. And it wasn't until Pumpkin got off my lap and I looked at his face that I saw how pale he was. Poor thing.

He recovered on the way home, ate cake in the car and had hot chocolate and the rest of his lunch when we got home. We rewarded ourselves for venturing out but snuggling up on the sofa for the afternoon and watching lots of tele.

I had thought that with the daytime sleep Pumpkin would have been up later in the evening but he very happily went to bed with Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment