Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Friday 16 November 2012

Surprise surprise

I got up at 9.45 this morning, not to be mistaken for sleeping until 9.45 but grandad did phone before I got up and Bean answered and took a message, I was very impressed. I cooked myself bacon and eggs for breakfast and the boys had some too. Plum woke up at 10.30.

Bean and Pumpkin had entertained themselves with their own version of angry birds using bricks and toy plastic animals, building their own structures and placing the animals on it. The also built vehicles with the Lego and took photos of their creations for many different angles.

We went into town to do a few jobs and managed to find a few bargains as we went round, new colouring pens and some craft bits and pieces and new shoes for Bean. I have been aware that Pumpkin's shoes are too small and I have been asking him if he would like his feet measured every time we go into town but he has declined. Today Bean said he wanted his measured and I thought this might encourage his brother so I agreed. As it worked out Bean's feet have grown 2 sizes and so have Pumpkin's. New shoes all round but there was a sale on so all well and good. It was slightly funny when the sales assistant asked what we were looking for and I replayed 'anything he wants' and he said, 'you'll be needing school shoes though?' I smiled :) no thanks. Although having said this the last pair of shoes that Bean choose happened to be school style shoes. This time he went for trainers.

We had a very late lunch but I had put potatoes in the oven to bake as I knew we would need warming up. This was followed by a quick tidy up and off to gymnastics class for Bean. We are making up a few missed session and have to join a regular after school group to do it. It was awful. Crowded. Busy. Noisy. Bean had no idea what was going on in the warm up when they all started running around (playing stuck in the mud) and he had a very worried stressful face on him. Then some of the other children told him he shouldn't be here and they split into smaller groups and he was left aimlessly wandering around trying to work out where he should be. When he finished and we were reunited I asked him what he thought of the different class and he said he loved it, bouncing with big beaming smile! So glad I hadn't voiced my opinion first. He was so proud of himself for not being shy and telling them his name and he said they played a running around game that he didn't know so he just ran around anyway! He also told me about the children who said he shouldn't be there and how he had responded by explaining why he was there.

Home for a late dinner with daddy and into pyjamas so that we can watch a film all cosy on the sofa (Pumpkin's idea) Secretly hoping all the smalls are asleep by 9 so me and daddy can watch a film together and  eat chocolate.

Happy birthday me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment