Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Saturday 3 November 2012

Fireworks

Thankfully when I say 'fireworks' I mean the real ones that come about at this time of year and not any sort of explosive happenings between family members! ...which, of course, is always possible.

Our days seem very lazy at the moment and we just about made it out of the door to arrive at a friends birthday party (one of those organised adventures at the local leisure centre) we had a quite a rough night which after discussing tiredness and babies being awake in the night and how we respond to them, at length on fb yesterday and with some disagreement, it seemed to be our gentle reminder of just how tiring it can be. Plum woke at 2.30, fed, and then lay awake kicking about until 4am when she had another feed and went back to sleep until 6.30 for another feed and then back to sleep. Simultaneously the boys woke up every half an hour between 4am and 7.30 before they finally got out of bed. I responded to plum, daddy responded to the boys, consequently a very tired family this morning.

My afternoon consisted largely of taking a nap with Plum, who unsurprisingly slept for a record 2 1/2 hours and daddy completed the bug hotel with the boys by putting on some roof felting, adding some bamboo for ladybirds and covering the front with netting so all the contents doesn't fall out. The bug hotel has been about 9 months in the making but is finally finished and we are all very proud of it.

I also popped into town to try and get my phone fixed but it has to be sent off! This could possibly mean a lack of photos until it returns but the point worth noting is that I went on my own. Yes, no smalls. That's the first time in a minimum of 10 months that I have been shopping on my own and apart from feeling like I had forgotten something I quite enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment