Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Move it, Move it

It has felt like a really slow day. I can't put my finger on why as the same things as normal have occured but time has passed slowly, for me anyhow. I think Bean is a little unsettled but can't figure out why. 

I found some magnetic words the other day and I have been using them to write messages to the smalls which we have been finding and reading in the morning. This evening Bean wrote his first message to daddy. In the summer Bean asked to learn to read so this is just another idea to weave reading into our day. We are reading How To Train Your Dragon as well, inspired by the tv and film version and our recent interest in dragons and dinosaurs. Daddy is continuing to read through the Flat Stanley series with him. 

Bean also helped me to figure out why my sliding door wasn't working in minecraft. We're still not entirely sure where we went wrong nut it's fixed and it works now and I am building a huge house for myself. Pumpkin has built himself another railway/rollercoaster system and Bean has built a house and garden for his pet dog. 

Plum and I played doll's house again today, after receiving more belated gifts from FA#2 and we also put together one of Pumpkin's dismantled Star Wars Lego models as he has been asking for it to be reassembled for weeks but what with the festivities and present playing it has been sat on the shelf awaiting attention for weeks. 

The boys choose to watch Madagascar this afternoon, followed by Christmas Madagascar and The Penguins Christmas Chaos (currently on iplayer) by the end of it Plum was dancing around singing 'move it, move it.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment