Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Saturday 16 March 2013

Them Bones


13th March 2013

In preparation for today's puppet show, Bean drew posters to advertise it. He did all the writing on his own (it's spelt perfectly) and, much to my surprise, he choose to do a type of bubble writing on the poster. He explained that this was to make it big so people could read it when he put it up. I did the other one as we sat next to each other, it was a lovely thing to do together. 

The theatre also underwent a transformation today as Bean drew curtains and we then painted them together. He then asked me to cut them out for him. Bean and Pumpkin played out in the garden whilst I did this. They knocked a ball into our neighbours garden and asked if they could go and ask for it back. I agreed to the request, although I did follow behind them at a distance, but they were so confident and knocking on their door and asking. I'm so glad we have friendly neighbours who we speak to often.





During some tv watching today the subject of bones came up again and i found this toddler sized skeletal print out that i had up my sleeve for yesterday (but hadn't needed) so I got it out today and we put it together and talked about our different bones and felt some of them and named some of them. It took about 15 minutes altogether but i'm sure we covered more in 15 minutes than a whole afternoons work in school! We had a lot of fun doing it too and i'm sure it wont be the last we hear of our bones!

FA#3 and cousinC arrived soon after this and we are were treated to the puppet show when daddy arrived home. This is the first ever show that has been put on for us. I have memories as a child putting on dance shows and puppet shows for my parents and i'm sure this wont be our last one. It mostly consisted of Bean telling Pumpkin to 'say something' and then promptly beating Pumpkin's puppet in a Punch and Judy style way. It was a play in 5 acts and although the characters changed, the story line didn't!


No comments:

Post a Comment