Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Pets

Friday.
We went to see a friend today, T, 8. He has a new puppy who is energetic and friendly and loves children. Bean, 9, and Pumpkin, 8, immediately went and played upstairs with T where the dog couldn't get to. Plum, 5, and Pippin, 2, sat glued to my lap. Eventually Plum made it clear that she wanted to be outside/anywhere except with the dog. So we went to play in the garden however Pippin didn't like the horses at the end of the garden either. We went back indoors, the dog was now on a lead and the girls became a bit more confident to go and play. Initially Plum went to play upstairs too but returned to play on the keyboard and guitar. The boys finished the playdate with a play outdoors. Plum became inconcolable as we left as she wnted an apple and we didn't have one. I put the timer on my phone and said we would be home in 10 minutes and this occupied her enough to calm her whilst we drove home.

The evening was spent with Plum on my lap as she was feeling anxious about me going out for the day on Saturday. She joined me in bed in the middle of the night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment