Our Tribe

Our Tribe

Friday 9 January 2015

Patter cake

A really busy day today:

It all began later than usual as everyone had a mammoth sleep, all together on the same morning is rare. This morning was biscuit baking for the third time this week with Plum. We set out to make chocolate cupcakes but part way through mixing the ingredients she decided that she wanted to make biscuits again. Biscuits are really not my strongest baking skill so we tried another recipe today as the first ones have been too sticky to use the cutters with effectively. Today's mixture was too short. Once the biscuits were made I finished off baking the cakes.

Whilst we were doing this Pumpkin had put on Teach Your Monster To Read. I can't even remember the last time anyone looked at it but he was on for about half an hour and this inspired Bean to have a go too. Plum emptied the book cupboard looking for Charlie and Lola stories and Bean spent a while looking through one of his minecraft books and discussing with Pumpkin what they are going to build next. Later on in the day Bean asked me to read him a story. It was The Selfish Giant. I don't even remember the last time he asked for a story in the middle of the day, years. 

Plum and I have also made a necklace today. She sorted out all her beands so that it was a necklace just with heart beads on and then threaded them all so that the hearts all faced the same way. And Pumpkin and I set out to make marmalade (something he wanted to do since seeing the Paddington film.) It wasn't bad for a first attempt although I did the lion's share myself, I'm sure we'll all enjoy the results. 

In amongst all this we also home made a pizza for dinner, hoovered the living room, Got the blackboard out to draw on. Cleared the cupboard under the stairs and did two loads of laundry.

Pippin slept and breast fed and watched me do washing up and enjoyed her daily cuddle with Pumpkin.




Food art is as popular as ever


Playing doll's house together


No comments:

Post a Comment